Great location, privacy, comfort, great view of Castletown of Mystra’s & Taygetos!
Enjoy the experience of staying in a traditional, stone-built residence of 1911, with luxurious renovation touches, in the heart of the famous castle-town of Mystras only 5km from Sparta.The home has been fully renovated & opens to the public for rental for the first time this summer.
We have worked on it with great care and love for tradition, as for our family represents our roots in Sparta.
Our aim was not to simply create a rental.
Our aim was to share with the world the opportunity to truly experience the great mythical cities of Sparta and Mystras!Sip- your morning coffee on the shade of the front terrace overlooking the slopes of Taygetos & the Byzantine castle of Mystras. Or enjoy a starry summer night on the open-air terrace watching the light up castle, Sparta and Laconia valley laying in front of you. The breeze usually brings the smell of jasmine in the summer & orange flowers from the garden in the spring time.
The location of the home is unique, as it is conveniently situated at a residential part of the town of Mystras giving you privacy, quiet & parking space, yet a 5-minute walk from the central square with its amenities stores, super market, café’s & restaurants and public transportation (bus stop at 600m).This home can serve as your gateway to discover all Laconia peninsula (from ocean coastline to mountain slopes) as all of it can be covered on day trips with the car.
The house is the upper floor of a two-floor stone residence, built on a 473 m2 plot. It features a large open-air terrace & a roofed front smaller terrace. A stone-built fencing surrounds the house and an orange tree garden from the side of the terrace that offers unobstructed view and privacy.
Other details about the home:
– The total number of guests we can accommodate is potentially 7
– There are 2 bedrooms- 1 double bed & 1 large bedroom with 3 beds, 1 can turn into a double.
– There is another comfortable bed & a sofa bed in the living room area
– 1 full bathroom
– Living room has a traditional fireplace & apart from the couch there is a bed option
– High quality wooden ceiling runs across the house
– Brand new wooden kitchen furniture that coordinate great with the stone walls
– Stone built traditional wood oven in the front courtyard
– Parking available in front & the back of the house
If you are a Spartathlon participant:
We offer special prices to Spartathlon athletes & their families who wish to stay with us before or after the race!